Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Beware of SWENSON GLOCK BARRELS

BEWARE OF SWENSON BARRELS!

Video link here explains my plight so please watch to the end but I’ll summarize some highlights:

https://youtu.be/Uhtb88tC6K0

- Bought a Swenson Glock 19 Barrel for my fiancé’s P80 19 build
    - Brownells slide with RMR and standard components
    - Took it to an indoor range to test fire and get sights installed to the red dot by gunsmiths
    - Factory range ammo they provided caused multiple MAJOR FTF gun-seizing malfunctions. It took brute strength and knocking the frame loose to get the gun broken loose to get the round out of the chamber
    - During said range session, had everything lubed up properly but had 8-10+ malfunctions within 50-100 rounds
    - Not trusting factory ammo, I then handloaded up 150+ rounds as described in the video. Case gauged the rounds to SAAMI spec
    - Yesterday, couldn’t get through 3 15 round mags without 3-4 major gun seizing malfunctions. The chamber squeezed on the round so much, it took 2 different people at the range to help me break it loose. So now I’m thinking wtf...factory AND SAAMI handloads all having issues...I investigate further
    - I just now tonight, MANUALLY handplunked all remaining rounds I had loaded up into BOTH my M9A1 Barrel AND my P320 Full size 9mm Barrel. ALL rounds passed through no problem. I then started plunking them through my Swenson bastard child Barrel...sure enough, none of them fully plunked and were WAY out of battery

Moral of the story...check your shit if you’re not buying well known brands. See pictures for comparisons. DISCLAIMER: The comparison photos between my P320 Barrel and Swenson showing the round plunked into the chamber is using the same G.F.L. cased handloaded round between the two. I also somehow balanced another round on the Barrel hood to show its fully seated in the chamber...unlike how the Swenson Barrel BADLY shows it can’t even get halfway into the chamber.

What say you? Midway USA is getting a defective product return label requested after I post this per my conversation with 2 different CS reps. BTW, their customer service left something to be desired. More to come on them later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    IMO Midway doesn’t care about their customers after they have your $ or if they feel they can get more $. Just my experience.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
    IMO Midway doesn’t care about their customers after they have your $ or if they feel they can get more $. Just my experience.
    Haven’t bought from them much but man was I on hold for a LONG time on both calls. Doesn’t seem like they understand just how dangerous an issue this is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk